So yesterday was an interesting day emotionally. In church we got the announcement that our senior pastor has resigned. Not for any negative reasons, thank the Lord, just church related necessities. Needless to say, in the past 3 and 1/2 years they have been with me through so many things and are much more than just my pastor and his wife - they are unbelievably good friends. So much sniffling and crying was heard yesterday in church. We are small as it is and so close and this is a huge loss for all of us. The associate pastor spoke and focused on all that God will do for them and for us in the coming months. I went through this with my church back in Hillsdale as well and I know two things: 1) We have no idea the great things and open doors God has in store for us and 2) knowing the people and hearts of love in our church, we will look back from the other side and be amazed and thankful that God has brought us through. If any of you know my past couple of years, you know I recently just got done mourning a loss and here we go again - clearly there is more that God wants of me.
On the other hand, I had a talk with a friend last night that made me happy and look forward to the future as well, just a little different aspect. There is a time for mourning and a time for joy, now I have to figure out how to balance them out.
Monday, October 16, 2006
A Time for Everything
at 10/16/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment