Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A trip to Missouri

Matt and I just got back from a visit to see some friends in MO. We flew out with no problem on Thursday and met Doug at the airport. Doug is Matt's good friend from college with whom we stayed 3 nights. We went to a birthday party on Thursday night and on Friday had a lot of fun. We went to the Arch, rode the tram up and took some pictures, had some very tasty BBQ at Bandana's, then went back to Doug's place, played cards and he gave us a ride on his Suzuki...that was a blast! I love bikes! And yes Mom, I wore a helmet this time. Later that night we went to this awesome adult race car/go kart thingy. It was a Grand Prix Speedway race car place and we had 3 races with suits and helmets and everything. It was a blast!! We all qualified for turbo and I only got 1 warning. :-) Though we were sore afterwards a bit of Marble Slab dessert made us feel better. Saturday we played a bit of frisbee in Doug's really nice backyard, had some tasty pizza and then headed down to Bolivar to visit the Pitts family. They moved back to MO in November so it was marvelous to spend some time with them.
We went to Silver Dollar City on Sunday and rode a couple of rides before it started raining. We got 1/2 of our money back because we were only able to ride a few rides before the rain cut everything off but we still had fun. I highly recommend the Powder Keg and Wildfire if you are near Branson anytime soon.
Sunday afternoon we headed back to Doug's for one last time and on Monday flew back to Jersey. It was great and though we, I should say Matt, drove nearly 500 miles in about a day and a half, I think it safe to say we had a really enjoyable trip. Here are a few pictures:

the Arch from below
a view from the Arch
the new Busch Stadium
with the Pitts family
Doug and I in the tram pod







No comments: