So we recently returned home from a trip to AL for a wedding. The ceremony was beautiful and very well done and the reception was a good time too. I met a few of Matt's relatives/friends: Uncle Larry and Aunt Karen, Grandma Rosa, Grandma & Grandpa McKinley and the unbelievable Kerry -(I think that's how you spell his name and if not, I'm sure Matt will correct me.) Matt's brother Tim had just arrived back in the US from being in South Africa for 3 weeks and the poor guy was exhausted. Aaron's new wife is a sweetheart and I pray they will be fruitful and multiply in every way. Her family was really sweet and can grill shrimp and potatoes with the best! I've never seen shrimp that big!! I'm all for southern hospitality!
I had my dose of sweet tea and was very happy about that and I had a really good time learning more about Matt's family. Every family has its fun stories and interesting background and his is no different. His mom and I shared a hotel room each night while the men were stuffed in another one. We had a great time and we get along really well. His mom and dad are a great couple and quite humorous.
For Easter Sunday we went back to the church they used for the ceremony and heard some good Baptist preaching. He was actually a really good preacher and had an interesting take on John 20, specifically verse 7. I really like learning about the background and meaning of different acts in different cultures and he taught us about the significance to the servant of the napkin at a meal, whether it's wadded up and thrown in the middle of the table - signifying completion of the meal or if it's folded and set aside-signifying the master would be back. He then related that to John 20:7 in the sense that the napkin was folded and set aside away from the other grave clothes, meaning that Christ wasn't finished with his work. It was very good and got me thinking.
So I'm back at life and looking forward to the double date Matt and I are having tonight with Dave and Bethany. Have a great evening!
Thursday, April 12, 2007
An Alabama Easter
at 4/12/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment