So it's hard to believe I've been at my new job almost a month! I'm really enjoying and am quickly gaining a much larger view of the university, as opposed to my old view, limited to the Treasurer's Office. It's fun to be on the complete opposite side of campus and to see a new perspective of this place. I'm doing a project on Restricted Fund Compliance right now and having a really good time. I'm also working with my boss on some Public Safety issues as well as rolling out some new and long-awaited websites for different areas across campus. It's good to finally be in a job where everything isn't so rote and programmed. Believe me, I have no idea what could come across my desk on a daily basis. I love the fact that my boss trusts me with some pretty important things and works with me to complete them in the best possible manner. So far we have worked together really well and I hope it continues. We've had some good conversations about some difficult situations she's in and it's nice to know she wants to hear what I'm thinking.
I'm also right on Nassau Street now so it's easier access to the library, stores and more lunch options as well!
Anyway, all that to say I'm really enjoying my job and am glad that I took the opportunity to learn something new!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
The Uptown side of campus
at 9/25/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment