Thursday, May 15, 2008

China 2

Another email
----------------
I know that many of you have been viewing the devastation that has taken place in Sichuan, China a few days ago. A number of you have contacted me and I wanted to let everyone know that we are just as shocked and saddened by the loss. Thankfully, my parents and I were not near the quake areas.
The quakes were in the Central - Southwest part of the country where I have quite a few friends. I've checked on all of them and they are are all reporting in. One couple who I know was very, very close to the epicenter but they are safe. I, being in Beijing, was about 1000 miles away but my building started swaying. To give you a little perspective, it would be like feeling your 27th floor apartment in New York city moving because of a quake in Mobile, Alabama. It was a big one indeed. Please be lifting up the country as well as the people who have been affected. There are many believers in Sichuan and my prayer has been that they would show love to their neighbors in this challenging time.
I know many people have had varying opinions on the country as of late, but I hope very much that many of you will consider the 100 million brothers and sister over here as part of your own family. And when family is in a rough spot - you help help out family. :) Thanks for your thoughts, prayers and support!

Ben

No comments: