Thursday, May 15, 2008

China

I received an email from a friend of mine over in China (working with Food for the Hungry) that I thought I would share with you all regarding the recent earthquake and aftershocks. Please keep them in your prayers!
---------------------
I spent yesterday in a city called Jiangyou and I am going back there today with an entire truckload of supplies. The day before yesterday I went to Dujiangyan (the city with the collapsed school with over 900 students). We are working with a group called HuaMei (A local group of believers affiliated with the 3-self ch**rch). The destruction is tremendous, but it has been wonderful to partner with the local 3-self in those areas and watch them bringing hope to their own people. Please continue to lift us up and those working in the hard hit areas. Please lift up HuaMei as we will be going to two different cities today with supplies. My teammate, Jim Hicks, is going with them to DeYang and I will be returning to work with the local pastor in Jiangyou. There is still no water, power, or gas in most of the hard hit cities. Please pr*y peace over the people in these areas. I will also try and update my journal on our website. Please lift us up here in Chengdu as we are still feeling aftershocks and I feel like I am out salmon fishing with Grandpa Bob on a small little boat. It's hard to sleep soundly at night with the swaying that sometimes wakes us up. Psalm 46:1-3 has been reassuring.

Jared

No comments: