Thursday, November 02, 2006

Captivating

So my mom brought the above mentioned book out for me to read. I started it on my lunch hour and am intrigued. I have all of John Eldredge's other books and this was is just as good. It's interesting to me to see how he and his wife uncover some deep truths about Godly femininity and how they are so right on. The three truths of man and the three truths of women are incredibly complimentary and God continues to awe me with His truth, beauty and grace.

One of the lines that caught my eye was this: "By 'mystery' we don't mean 'forever beyond your knowing,' but something to be explored." This is a much more healthy and alluring definition of such a word as mystery. If even "angels long to look into these things," how much more should we as His beloved, hand-crafted sons and daughters, search out the mysteries of God and all that surrounds Him? It's such a fun adventure to embark upon or to continue the search we have already begun. My personal view of mystery is that the more that is uncovered, the more I see there is to discover. How great is that? A consistent, persistent pursuit of God is about as exciting as it gets. We might never know the answer until we reach heaven but it's still worth whole-heartedly pursuing while we are still down here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check it out. I love how we are so dependent on God's grace to figure His mysteries out--they are so counter-intuitive by carnal human standards, but makes so much sense when He causes us to finally understand them that we are left wondering how we could have been so dumb not to see them in the first place. It's fun. :)