Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Mom's here!

My mom is out here visiting for a few days and it's fun when she comes out. The kids love it of course and it's good to catch up and just sit around talking. I went to the Philly airport to pick her up yesterday and because of my sister's wonderful suggestion of perhaps eating at Franklin Mills, (an outlet center), we got through Philly traffic and ate and did a little shopping. I've always wondered, why do people say "We didn't do too bad" when they come out with a few or more packages? Just one of those things I've never understood.
I think Matt's going to come over sometime this weekend while she's here so that should be fun. They only met once before, at least 3 1/2 years ago but they know a bit about each other so it should be good. He's hung out with Dave and Bethany so they know him a bit too. It's always fun to introduce someone new to our family. Though I don't know how new he is, since we've been good friends essentially since I moved out here and done lots of things together. And I'm sure he'll appreciate reading about himself online...
Work has been fairly steady, yet somehow still dull. Ah well, finance has never really been that exciting of a field for me! As soon as United Way starts up I'll wish for these peaceful days but until then, I'll find other ways to amuse myself- not an unusual task for me here at work. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sherry!