Monday, December 04, 2006

Captivating Part 2

I'm still getting through this wonderful book and thought I'd share some more insight. I just finished the chapter titled Arousing Adam and find it amazing how things that we usually view as temptations or rabbit trails off the narrow road can actually lead to better relations and levels of intimacy with your spouse. To learn to take those opportunities or circumstances and turn them around to pursue such love and awakening with our husband or wife can create stronger bonds between each other. I'm clearly not married yet but simply knowing how I can encourage my brothers to pursue a higher calling in the midst of all this wordly confusion is a gift I have unwrapping for a few years but I think I'm finally getting through the tape and into the real gift.
The Eldredges say that the deepest fear of women is abandonment and for men is failure, (amen to that!), but also that men still long to be looked upon as a Hero and challenged to show their strength and ability. But we as woman need to know that we can make or break that desire or the result of such a test. To let him know that he is needed and believed in is so necessary and a must for a healthy relationship. I am trying to think of good ways to try these ideas out and since I have such a good man to try then with, it's worth a shot. :-) It's not easy or natural for me to be super sensitive or aware but I'm learning.
There was also a chapter about womanly relationships and how vital they are to simply being a woman. We all have been given the gift of mothering far beyond bearing children. Whenever we see a need and rise to fill it or love each other or are a part of bringing out and nuturing the true heart of a friend we are mothering. This is something that is great for all of us to realize and put into practice. Though we childless women are often looked down upon, God has still show His love toward us in this inborn, innate desire and gift of mothering with which He has blessed us.
Okay, on to the next chapter. Have a marvelous day!

No comments: