Friday, December 08, 2006

In one ear and out the other

Okay- I'm officially a winter wimp. Although the winds are blowing at 20 mph and it's about 27 degrees (but really feels like 11 degrees) it still shouldn't be that bad for a girl who lived the first 23 1/2 years of her life in the upper Midwest. I just had to walk across campus to get the President's signature and as I was walking in that afore-mentioned weather I realized I was freezing. My ears were frozen, my chin felt numb and my legs hurt from the wind. What??? I should be thriving on this but no, I'm freezing. Something has gone terribly wrong in the last 4 years - I'm afraid I'm adapting to mild Jersey winters and now when it's decidedly chilly I can't handle it. This makes me somewhat sad...but still, here I will stay until God tells me otherwise. At least there was a teeny bit of snow on my van this morning - now that's what I want to see!!

In other news, on Monday I went to Barnes & Noble to have a caramel steamer and read the conclusion of Captivating. Immediately upon finishing I set to work on the devotional I'm giving next week at our ladies Christmas Tea. I spent Monday evening, part of Tuesday and Wednesday evening going at it hammer and tong, if you will. So last night I did a dry run with my mentor, (sans the song I will play), and happy of all happies she really liked it! It's fun to learn things that impact and mature yourself as person but it's more fun to have the desire to share that with others and to see them grow and change right along with you. :-)

Also, I was reading cute cute Sarah Irani's blog a while ago and have decided to love my curls and take care of them as well as I can. So I haven't brushed my hair in a good few weeks and am learning all sorts of fun things to make it look even more fun! Someone asked the other night if I had gotten a perm, to which I replied no, I've just decided to love my curls instead of hiding them. Now, if I could only figure out how to eat without them getting in my food...

Come join us tonight for the 4th annual Christmas party at our house if you happen to be in the area!

No comments: